Age requirements : 18 years or older
Photo ID is required such as a Operators license or Passport
Must already have a Non Restricted license
Times: 9am till 3pm
Where: COURSES ARE HELD AT 1741 DUNMORE ROAD IN ROOM 204, MEDICINE HAT.
Maximum of 12 seats
**We require a minimum 48 hours notice to reschedule for another day. No refunds on course purchases**
In accordance with the Firearms Act, a firearms safety course focusing on restricted firearms was developed and implemented on February 1, 1999. Individuals wishing to acquire restricted firearms must take the full classroom delivery of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC), and pass all the tests.
Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
- basic firearms safety practices;
- operating handgun actions;
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns;
- care of restricted firearms;
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms.