Age requirements : 12 years plus
Photo ID is required such as a Operators license or Passport
Youths 12-17 MUST have a permission letter from their guardian to attend
Times: 9am till 6pm
Where:COURSES ARE HELD AT 1741 DUNMORE ROAD IN ROOM 204, MEDICINE HAT.
Maximum of 12 seats|
**We require a minimum 48 hours notice to reschedule for another day. No refunds on course purchases** The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) was developed in partnership with the provinces and territories, national organizations with an ongoing interest in firearms safety, and many firearms and hunter education course instructors from across Canada. The content of this course is controlled and approved by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Firearms Program and was developed to meet the mandatory requirements of section 7 of the Firearms Act.
To be eligible to apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence, classroom participation in the full CFSC is mandatory for first-time licence applicants. Once the course is completed, individuals will then have to pass the tests.
Topics covered in the CFSC include:
the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
• Basic firearms safety practices;
• Operating firearm actions;
• Safe handling and carry procedures;
• Firing techniques and procedures;
• Care of non-restricted firearms;
• Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and,
• Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.